JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Self-perception vs God's perception

God saw Gideon as a mighty warrior. Gideon saw himself as the weakest of his clan and the least in his family. 
Gideon perception of himself was accurate. With God being with him he was strong, mighty and powerful. As I look at these verses I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 1:25-29 KJV
[25] Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. [26] For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called : [27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; [28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: [29] That no flesh should glory in his presence. …

When I look within myself I feel inadequate, insufficient and unqualified. Without God I am nothing and can do nothing. It is the work of the Holy Spirit within me that empowers me to do the work of the Lord. I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. It is only by the grace of God I am what I am.

Father God in the name of Jesus I come boldly to the throne of grace to find mercy and grace to help me in the time of need. As I embark upon this assignment I look to you for help and strength. I know within myself I can do nothing but with you I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Now unto him that is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all I can ask or think according to the power that works within me. Amen 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic