JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Holding On to Faith

Why must those   ancient Jewish believers  " hold on" ? to the new order <According to the writer of Hebrews (7:13-17) Jesus is considered a priest in the order of Melchizedek because, like Melchizedek, ibid google answer>  Jesus was not a descendant of Aaron, and thus would not qualify for the Jewish priesthood under the Law of Moses.>  in the Messiah is an  obvious  thing to do, be cos the old old order under the Aaronic priesthood is fulfilled in the New order of the new testament or agreement  that superseded the  old agreement < covenant >  in the act and causes that God already promised and fulfilled in the new Son as the revelation of Himself coming in act and word to pass. < by   Norey_@hotmail.com

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Hebrews 3:6b) Why is the writer exhorting his readers to "hold on" to Christ?
If we are God’s people, apart of his household we have faith and trust in Christ. Failure to do that would mean you are not a child of God.

Why must we continue in our faith?

Without faith what do we put our belief in? This world which is constantly changing and is faithful to no one. We must keep our faith in God, he is the one who keeps us and watches over everything pertaining to our lives. Personally if I didn’t have faith in God I’d be a lost soul. I depend on him for every area of my life and since I’ve taken that stance my life has been full of his love, mercy, grace, and healing.

According the writer of Hebrews, what happens if we don't?

You’ll be spiritual dead without having faith in God and allowing him to lead and guide you.